Complete the form below for the chance to win a trip for two to the USA!
THIS PRIZE DRAW IS NOW CLOSED
Terms and Conditions
ENTRY CLOSES 11:59 PM (GMT) ON 06/08/23
- This is a prize draw for one person to win a trip for two to New York, USA, comprising of 2 return economy flights for two adults from a UK airport and 4 nights’ accommodation in a 3* or equivalent hotel in Manhattan, staying on a bed and breakfast basis. Any other costs incurred by the trip, for example transfers, spending money, food, travel insurance etc, are not included in the prize. To enter, fill in the form on this page. The trip will be organised for dates convenient to the winner, but must be taken before 31st December 2023.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure that all travel documentation (passport, Visas etc) is completed and valid ahead of travel.</l
- The winner will be selected at random from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions by a member of the Company’s marketing team, whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter.
- The prize draw opens at 12:01 am BST on 6th July 2023 and closes at 11:59 pm GMT on 6th August 2023. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the prize draw.
- The winner’s name may be published on the Company’s social channels. The winner may see their name posted on the Company’s (see below) website and on other websites and social media accounts. The Company will make available the name and county of the winner to anyone who requests this information by writing to the Company at the address shown below.
- The prize draw is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the prize draw either themselves or through their families.
- Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
- The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- The Company reserves the right to alter the prize or cancel the prize draw without notice but will try to avoid creating any undue disappointment. No cash alternatives to the prize will be provided. If a winner is unable to accept their prize, or cannot be contacted, the Company reserves the right to select another winner and all references to ‘Winner’ will be understood to refer to the new winner.
- As between the Company and the entrants, the Company nor any other member of the Hachette group of companies does not give or make any warranty or claim in respect of the prize or accepts any liability whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise howsoever in respect of the prize itself, its content or the suitability for the attendees. If an entrant or the winner has any questions about the prize or its suitability for them, they should contact the Company at Marketing Team (John Grisham), Hodder & Stoughton Ltd, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
- The Company is the data controller of Personal Data that it collects in the course of running the prize draw and will use the Personal Data in accordance with the Company’s Privacy Notice. It will use such Personal Data for the purposes of running the prize draw and delivering the prize and will delete it after a reasonable period from the end of the prize draw. “Personal Data” means names of entrants and other details provided by them (e.g. email addresses, telephone numbers) for the prize draw. The Company will not share such Personal Data with any third parties except for the purpose of delivering the prize.
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This prize draw is being organised by Hodder and Stoughton Limited, of Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ (the “Company”)
15. These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.