1. These are the terms that apply to submitting a contribution for inclusion in the forthcoming new book being edited and introduced by Joanna Lumley (the “Author”) and provisionally entitled ‘A Queen for All Seasons’ (the “Work”), due to be published by Hodder & Stoughton Limited of Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ (the “Company”).
2. To make a submission, please provide your proposed contribution of up to 750 words with your memories or observations of Her Majesty The Queen from any first hand encounters with her. Submissions must be made via the submission landing page.
3. By submitting your contribution, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. Collection of the submissions is being organised by the Company.
5. The Author and/or the Company will decide which submissions (if any) to include within the Work. For the avoidance of doubt, neither the Author nor the Company is under any obligation to make any use of any of the submissions, and neither the Author nor the Company shall make any payment to any contributor for any use of their contribution.
6. Contributions must be submitted before 11:59pm DST on 3 May 2021.
7. Only one submission per person is allowed. Second or subsequent submissions will not be considered.
8. The Company is not obliged to announce the contributions that have been selected for inclusion in the Work (if any) or to contact individuals whose contribution has been selected.
9. By making a submission:
a) contributors agree and warrant that: (i) their submission is their own original work; (ii) nothing in their submission is defamatory, private or an infringement of copyright or any other intellectual property right, or in any way a breach of another’s rights; and (iii) their submission does not contain the Personal Data (defined below) of any third party; and
b) contributors hereby grant to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide and for all languages, licence to copy, adapt, edit, distribute, publish, sublicense, and in any and all other ways use their submission for any purpose, in any manner and in all media now known or hereinafter devised, including (without limitation) the production, publication and promotion of the Work. Furthermore, contributors waive all moral rights whatsoever in their submission. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company may edit submissions and/or combine multiple submissions.
10. If a submission is selected for inclusion in the Work, the Company will include the contributor’s first name and town in the Work alongside their contribution.
11. The Company reserves the right to use the submissions received on its website, its Facebook pages and on its other social networking sites, and in any marketing and promotional materials relating to the Work.
12. The Company is the data controller of Personal Data (including any Special Category Data) that it collects in the course of collecting submissions and will use the Personal Data in accordance with the Company’s Privacy Notice https://www.hodder.co.uk/imprint/hodder/page/privacy-notice-general-hs/ The Company will use such Personal Data for the purposes of reviewing submissions for inclusion in the Work and for producing and promoting the Work, and will delete such Personal Data after a reasonable period following the publication of the Work. By making a submission, contributors expressly consent to the Company processing their Personal Data (including any Special Category Data included within the submission) for these purposes. The Company will not share such Personal Data with any third parties except for the purpose of writing, producing, distributing and selling the Work. “Personal Data” means any personally identifying information included within a submission, such as contributors’ names. “Special Category Data” means data revealing a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership, data concerning a person’s health, sex life or sexual orientation, or a person’s biometric or genetic data.
13. Neither the Author, the Company nor any other member of the Hachette group of companies accepts any liability whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise howsoever in respect of any submissions. A list of the Hachette UK companies is at https://www.hachette.co.uk/landing-page/company-information-all/.
14. These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of them shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclus