Streams of Living Water
Celebrating the Great Traditions of Christian Faith
By Richard Foster
The author of the bestselling CELEBRATION OF DISCIPLINE explores the great traditions of Christian spirituality and their role in spiritual renewal today.
In this landmark work, Richard Foster examines the 'streams of living water' - the six dimensions of faith and practice - that have defined Christian tradition around the world and down the centuries. In this inspiring book he looks at:
- the Contemplative tradition - or the prayer-filled life
- the Holiness tradition - or the virtuous life
- the Charismatic tradition - or the Spirit-empowered life
- the Social Justice tradition - or the compassionate life
- the Evangelical tradition - or the word-centred life
- the Incarnational tradition - or the sacramental life
Foster's celebration of the spiritual life incorporates history's most significant Christian figures and movements and argues for a rich, well-rounded faith, free of constricting labels.
Richard Foster is a best-selling author, the founder of RENOVARÉ - a movement committed to spiritual renewal - and Professor of Spiritual Formation at Azusa Pacific University, California.
- Other details
- Publication date:
07 Sep 2017
- Page count:
Hodder & Stoughton
I recommend Streams of Living Water everywhere I go. My own personal copy is dog-eared, underlined and annotated by hand. Anyone with a heart for Christian unity should read and celebrate the message of this book. I consider it to be a seminal title for our time. — Pete Greig