Who we are and what we do
The Hodder Education Group, part of Hachette UK, has consistently grown both in the UK and internationally. We work alongside schools and colleges around the world to create books and digital resources that help teachers, students and parents. We have a set of core values that drive our culture and enrich our working environment:
- Teachers and students are at the heart of what we do
- Quality in everything from our practices to our products
- Trustworthy in what we publish and how we interact
- Collaboration is key to how we work, internally and externally
The marketing team is a group of talented people who are creative, customer focused and keen to try out new ideas to generate the best response.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package together with a creative, fast-paced and fun working environment.
What you’ll be doing
Hodder Education has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Marketing Executive to join the team, working across the brands Rising Stars, RS Assessment and Galore Park.
This role is responsible for devising, implementing and reporting on marketing strategy and campaigns for new and backlist products, both print and digital. The role will create marketing plans which feed into the overall marketing strategy which work to achieve commercial objectives and build a loyal customer base. The role will utilise all available marketing communications channels, both print and digital, above the line and below the line, within a specified budget.
With a diverse and wide-ranging product portfolio, this role will make data-driven decisions to drive product and brand awareness and will engage with the market to ensure new product propositions, campaigns and user journeys are customer focussed. Drawing on marketing best practice the role will strive to improve marketing return on investment and bring creative approaches to the communications.
Key tasks will include:
- Campaign management: Plan, design and execute marketing campaigns across all channels, which directly drive sales.
- Reporting: Ensure all campaigns are fully tagged and trackable, analyse and report on results against sales targets and KPIs.
- Leads: Generate high quality sales leads through on and offline activity including direct mail, PPC, Paid Social and organic search in SEO.
- Market research and testing: Undertake regular market research through surveys, online and face-to-face focus groups and use insights to influence strategy, product development and marketing plans.
- Market knowledge: Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of market conditions and our customer base.
- Data analysis and segmentation: Utilise our CRM system to identify target market opportunity, purchasing and market trends, key market segments and stakeholders.
- Budget and ROI: Manage and keep within defined budgets and maximise return on investment.
- Product development: Feed into new and compelling insight led propositions which will be customer focused and will differentiate us from our competitors.
- Case studies: Build relationships with key customers to generate high quality written and video case studies and impact studies to showcase our resources in action.
- Partnerships: In collaboration with the Publishing team identify and develop partnership opportunities.
Who we are looking for
Commercially aware and genuinely creative, you will already have experience of developing and successfully running multi-channel marketing campaigns, which have resulted in impressive sales. The role is varied and requires expertise in all elements of the marketing mix on and offline.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a busy marketing department and should be able to demonstrate campaign success. Previous experience of marketing to schools and / or an understanding of tests and assessment would be an advantage.
What we offer
Our staff are our greatest asset and our benefits reflect this. In addition to 25 days annual leave days per year + bank holidays, we have an extensive list of benefits that include: a wide-ranging training library, development programmes including mentoring, Cycle to Work vouchers, Private Medical Insurance, eye care vouchers, up to 70% off book purchases, a charity book shelf, 2 volunteer days per year to use at your charity of choice, many employee networks to join, delicious subsidized canteen food, summer hours (finishing at 1pm on Fridays during the summer months!), season ticket loans, rent deposit loans, generous pension schemes and much more!The role will begin working from home due to ongoing Covid19 restrictions, but once normality resumes this role will be based at our London office, Carmelite House, with a blend of in-office (3 days) and homeworking (2 days) per week.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking junior roles. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org
Salary: £28000 – £32000
Closing date: 11th August 2021