Find us brilliant new authors. Publish great books. Collaborate with a talented team. And learn all there is to know about creating digital bestsellers.
We’re looking for people who make a habit of improving the way things are done, who embrace change and who enjoy combining smart data and creativity. Bookouture is the UK’s fastest growing digital publisher of commercial fiction. We are only nine years old but we have grown rapidly every year and have now sold over 45 million books to readers worldwide. To keep up this incredible rate of growth, we are looking for the best editorial talent.
At Bookouture, editors have the freedom to acquire autonomously without hurdles to jump through, and we can go direct to designers with a creative vision. We don’t have an acquisition meetings or sales team. We have access to daily sales and pre-order numbers at the click of a button. We can change covers, copy and titles overnight – and see the impact the next day. We build strong and trusting relationships with our authors, collaborating with them to ensure readers love what we publish. Our books are published across the world, and we are as focussed on the US as the UK. We were among the first to harness the power of data, and we believe we remain the best at it. We have the backing of a multi-national with the mindset of a start-up. If you think this sounds like an exciting place to work, we want to hear from you.
- You will have a strong sense of what fiction readers want, and have an eye for a great story
- You will be a creative copywriter, a meticulous editor, and excellent with authors
- You will have an eye for a brilliant cover design and know what makes a strong commercial package across the US and UK
- You will love using data to improve the way you do things
- You will have a can-do attitude and a creative approach to problem-solving
- We offer flexible working for all staff, whatever your circumstances. This includes the opportunity to work from home for two days per week along with flexible hours to fit your life
- You can work at any of our national offices: London, Sheffield, Bristol, Manchester, Newcastle and Edinburgh
- We are also keen to hear from editors based in the US who could work fully remotely
- Bookouture is a dynamic working environment, where your ideas will be heard and where you will have the capacity to change things, take risks and do things differently
- We are a fun and sociable workplace where there is always lots going on
- You will be part of a fast-growing company, with the opportunities for career progression that offers
We would potentially hire at either Associate Publisher (equivalent to Editorial Director) or Commissioning Editor level with a salary range between £31,800-£50,000. You could have commissioning experience or be looking for your first commissioning role.
We are committed to creating a company as diverse as the readers we reach and encourage applications from all ages, faiths, ethnicities, genders and sexualities as well as those from varied socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you have the talent to succeed in a fast-paced, commercial and creative digital business, we want to hear from you. Your skills and potential are more important than the number of years’ publishing experience that you have.
For a full job description and to apply, please click here.
Closing date: August 6 2021.