Based at Didcot, HHC and Site 130
Hachette UK Distribution is a large distribution facility for our publishing and 3rd party clients. We are one of the most advanced distribution centres in Europe with leading edge automation and systems which provide a world class service. We ship in excess of 60 million books globally each year and supply one in every four books to the UK Trade.
Responsible for the site facilities management strategy and service delivery, you will play a key role in keeping the site operational and providing a clean and safe environment.
About the role:
- Management of the outsourced facilities contract services including mechanical & electrical services, maintenance, cleaning, vending and catering, security, utilities, waste and recycling, and supplies.
- Working in conjunction with operational service support providers who manage the warehouse mechanical equipment to provide effective and efficient operational solutions. This will include new installations, maintenance, ad hoc purchasing, and issuing permits.
- Project manage, co-ordinate and supervise the work of contractors. Manage internal move and change projects and undertake space planning scenarios using AutoCAD software.
- Ensure the site meets all health and safety requirements and complies with current legislation. Ensure adequate training and regular review of policies and procedures.
- Management of the in-house reception and facilities administration team covering the helpdesk, reception, post room services and administration support.
- Assist with environmental management and commercial planning.
Your excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, alongside proven experience in facilities and contract management will see you delivering a first-class service. With the ability to manage multiple projects and lead change, you will be a key partner to the operation of the site. IOSH training and proven budget management skills are also essential.
What do we offer:
This role offers the opportunity to become an essential part of a very collaborative team with an exciting agenda.
Our people are our greatest asset and our benefits reflect this. We offer 33 days annual holiday including Bank Holidays and have an extensive list of benefits that include: a wide-ranging training library, development programmes including mentoring, many employee networks to join, Cycle to Work vouchers, eye care vouchers, Pension Plan and Life Assurance schemes, a reward programme giving discounts from numerous sites, generous discounts on books we publish, free parking and free tea and coffee.