Who we are and what we do
Bookouture is the UK’s fastest growing digital publisher and part of Hachette UK. We are only eight years old but we have grown rapidly every year and have now sold more than 45 million books to readers worldwide. To keep up this incredible rate of growth, we’re looking for someone to join our fiction publicity team.
In the role of Publicity Executive, you’ll collaborate with a talented team to promote and connect our books with readers. We’re looking not only for great publicity talent, but someone who is passionate about fiction.
This role can be based at our London office, or at any of our new regional offices in Edinburgh, Newcastle, Manchester, Sheffield or Bristol. For the right candidate with the perfect skills/experience, we would also consider a US-based hire working from home.
What you will be doing
- Organising online blog/book tours
- Looking for on and off line publicity opportunities to grow readership
- Using social media to engage readers and drive sales
- Growing our social media profiles and engaging with our communities
- Assisting with launching debut authors
- Making sure the right journalists and bloggers are given the opportunity to review our books
- Maintaining and growing our blogger database
- Uploading books to NetGalley and managing requests
- Exploring and creating new opportunities for our books to stand out from others in the market
What we are looking for
- Exceptional attention to detail, highly organised and great at managing a varied workload with tight deadlines
- A proven track-record in creating and delivering effective campaigns
- Awareness of the publishing industry as well as trends and best practice
- Comprehensive social media skills and an understanding of engagement, impressions and reach
- Great people skills
- A growth mindset and keen interest in innovation
What we offer
- We offer flexible working for all staff, whatever your circumstances. Once COVID restrictions are lifted, the role will involve a blend of in office working (3 days a week) and home working (2 days a week).
- Our staff are our greatest asset and our benefits reflect this. In addition to 25 days annual leave days per year + bank holidays, we have an extensive list of benefits that include: a wide-ranging training library, development programmes including mentoring, Cycle to Work vouchers, Private Medical Insurance, eye care vouchers, up to 70% off book purchases, a charity book shelf, 2 volunteer days per year to use at your charity of choice, many employee networks to join, delicious subsidized canteen food, summer hours (finishing at 1pm on Fridays during the summer months!), season ticket loans, rent deposit loans, generous pension schemes and much more!
- Bookouture is a dynamic working environment, where your ideas will be heard and where you will have the capacity to change things, take risks and do things differently.
- We are a fun and sociable workplace where there is always lots going on.
- You will be part of a fast-growing company, with the opportunities for career progression that offers
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you have the talent to succeed in a fast-paced, commercial and creative digital business, we want to hear from you. Your skills and potential are more important than the experience that you have – we are looking for someone who can apply their skills to our company, and who has a clear and demonstrable interest in building a career in publishing.
The salary band for this role is between £24,000 and £30,000 depending on experience, in addition to a bonus scheme, benefits package and flexible working options. The role reports to Head of Publicity, Kim Nash.
How to apply
Please apply here with a covering letter and your CV.
Your covering letter should explain why you want to work at Bookouture, and how you think that Bookouture could connect new and more readers with our books.
The deadline for applications is 18th June 2021.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking internships. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org