What we offer
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a talented team at a leading publisher.
As part of the marketing team you will enjoy unrivalled scope to explore the publishing industry and you’ll work with some with some of the biggest brand names in publishing, such as Robert Galbraith, Colson Whitehead, Clare Mackintosh, Sarah Waters, Celeste Ng, and Margaret Atwood.
Who we are and what we do
Four-time winner of the Publisher of the Year award, Little, Brown Book Group is one of the most successful and dynamic publishers in the UK. Across our fifteen imprints, we publish as wide a range of titles as anyone in the industry, and pride ourselves on the quality, variety and diversity of our publishing output.
On our Little, Brown, Abacus, Virago, Corsair, Fleet and Blackfriars imprints we publish literature of the highest standard, from prize-winning fiction to agenda-setting non-fiction and a range of prestigious classics, whilst Dialogue Books, is an inclusive home for writers and readers of all backgrounds. On our commercial imprint, Sphere, we publish some of the world’s biggest brand-name novelists and an array of bestselling non-fiction. Our Atom and Orbit imprints lead the field in young adult and science fiction/fantasy publishing respectively, and our Piatkus Constable Robinson (PCR) division is home to a vast range of fiction and non-fiction titles, with multiple Sunday Times bestsellers, backlist category killers, break-out voices and perennial classics alike. Meanwhile, our fast-growing Hachette Audio list is at the forefront of audio publishing, and our newest imprint The Bridge Street Press publishes upmarket non-fiction with an international outlook, dedicated to new ideas from authors who are at the forefront of their fields.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be devising pitches and running marketing campaigns across our literary and commercial publishing. Working closely with editorial, sales, design and publicity you’ll create eye-catching marketing campaigns that make people want to pick up and read our books. The role is varied and provides good exposure to all elements of the marketing mix from traditional through to digital, from trade to consumer marketing.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a talented and creative individual to join our friendly and award-winning marketing team. This varied role and would suit an ambitious and enthusiastic individual who is keen to gain experience in a busy trade publisher.
- Drive and deliver on campaign marketing, working across both commercial and literary lists
- Work with the literary and commercial editorial teams to create effective, innovative pitches to acquire new authors as required
- Accountability for the marketing spend on allocated titles ensuring that budgets are used in a manner that is effective and appropriate
- Work closely with third party agencies, including media buyers, freelance designers and printers to deliver campaigns on budget
- A love of books and a clear understanding of the market
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional, proactive and organised
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Creative and proactive in seeking information
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, authors and agents
- Ability to prioritise and juggle competing demands
- Strong influencing and presentation skills
- Ability to work on wide variety of projects with tight deadlines
- Our Commitment
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
Full-time – Parental Leave Fixed Term Contract. 6 month contract with potential to extend
Salary: £35,000 – £37,000 dependant on experience
Closing Date: 27th November 2020