What we offer
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a talented team at a leading publisher.
As part of the marketing team you will enjoy unrivalled scope to explore the publishing industry and you’ll work with some with some of the biggest brand names in publishing, such as Robert Galbraith, Colson Whitehead, Clare Mackintosh, Sarah Waters, Celeste Ng, and Margaret Atwood.
Who we are and what we do
Four-time winner of the Publisher of the Year award, Little, Brown Book Group is one of the most successful and dynamic publishers in the UK. Across our fourteen imprints, we publish as wide a range of titles as anyone in the industry, and pride ourselves on the quality, variety and diversity of our publishing output.
On our Little, Brown, Abacus, Virago, Corsair, Fleet and Blackfriars imprints we publish literature of the highest standard, from prize-winning fiction to agenda-setting non-fiction and a range of prestigious classics. On our commercial imprint, Sphere, we publish some of the world’s biggest brand-name novelists and an array of bestselling non-fiction. Our Atom and Orbit imprints lead the field in young adult and science fiction/fantasy publishing respectively, and our Piatkus Constable Robinson (PCR) division publishes the very best in genre fiction and a rich seam of subject-specific inspirational and instructional non-fiction. Meanwhile, our fast-growing Hachette Audio list is at the forefront of audio publishing, and our newest imprint, Dialogue Books, is an inclusive home for writers and readers of all backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be assisting the team in the planning and coordination of everything from campaigns to conferences, you will have lots of opportunities to learn from highly experienced colleagues. Your diverse responsibilities will include managing the marketing critical path, assisting with budget management, liaising with design teams, creating reports and providing vital administrative support across the department.
The role is varied and provides good exposure to all elements of the marketing mix from traditional through to digital, from trade to consumer marketing. It will suit an ambitious and enthusiastic individual who is keen to progress their career at a large trade publisher.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a talented and creative individual to join our friendly and award-winning marketing team.
This varied role is an excellent first step into marketing.
- Manage and maintain agendas, minutes and calendars
- Setting up and running reader competitions
- Helping to run company social media channels
- Manage general calls and mailings
- Coordinate internal and external meetings
- Assist the Deputy Marketing Directors with day-to-day tasks
- Assist with the preparation of presentations
- Maintain highest levels of internal and external confidentiality
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the marketing team
- A love of books
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional, proactive and organised
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Creative and proactive in seeking information
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, authors and agents
- Ability to prioritise and juggle competing demands
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to work on wide variety of projects with tight deadlines
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
Deadline: 1st July 2020