Who we are and what we do
The Hodder Education Group, part of Hachette UK, has consistently grown both in the UK and internationally. We work alongside schools and colleges around the world to create books and digital resources that help teachers, students and parents. We have a set of core values that drive our culture and enrich our working environment:
- Teachers and students are at the heart of what we do
- Quality in everything from our practices to our products
- Trustworthy in what we publish and how we interact
- Collaboration is key to how we work, internally and externally
The marketing team is a group of talented people who are creative, customer focused and keen to try out new ideas to generate the best response.
What you’ll be doing
This is a key role in the marketing team, responsible for being the champion of our subscription products and platforms worldwide. You’ll be responsible for managing and promoting our digital subscription products and platforms including:
- Creating and implementing creative online acquisition and renewal campaigns including automated and standalone activity, working alongside the marketing team
- Taking ownership of digital communications for subscriptions products including eMarketing, automated communications and social media.
- Analysing the customer journey to spot trends and gain insight into customer behaviour to inform marketing activity.
- Developing and maintaining all subscriptions pages and products on the websites ensuring discoverability and improved SEO results
- Taking ownership of customer data and usage analytics for reporting purposes and to inform subscriptions marketing activity.
- Coordinating and executing customer case and efficiency studies ensuring breadth to inform marketing and provide cross and upsell digital products via recommendations.
This role reports into the Digital Marketing Manager and you’ll be working across the Hodder Education and Rising Stars brands. You’ll need to work well with people, working closely with the marketing team, the digital development team and in the wider business.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a creative, pro-active and data-driven digital marketer who can juggle multiple priorities with ease and is focused on finding solutions and achieving results. You will need to have experience of working in a customer centric environment where gaining and retaining customers and increasing revenue has been part of your remit. Previous subscriptions marketing experience would be advantageous.
What we offer
We have a lovely office overlooking the Thames and offer a competitive benefits package and flexible working options.
You’ll be a core member of a friendly team of 29. You’ll be able to share your ideas and knowledge whilst having the opportunity to learn from others and develop your skills and insights. Fresh ideas and new initiatives are always welcome.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
We also recognise the importance of a good work-life balance, and champion flexible working, including part-time and job shares for all our roles. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process if this is something you want to explore.
Salary: £25,000 – £29,000 (dependent on experience)
Closing date: 31st Janaury 2020
To apply, please email your CV, covering letter and salary details to: firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, send to: HR Department, HUK, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ