Who we are and what we do
Hachette Children’s Group publishes highly successful brands such as Famous Five, Oi Frog, How To Train Your Dragon, and many bestselling writers and illustrators including David Almond, Lauren Child, Cressida Cowell and Jim Field. Our titles have won major UK children’s book awards.
What you’ll be doing
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Hachette Children’s Group Rights team. The Rights Assistant will provide administrative support to account managers as they focus their efforts on continuous customer care and securing sales. The role will involve processing contracts and invoicing, preparing presentations to customers and coordinating sales material for international book fairs.
Who we’re looking for
This is an entry-level position. We are looking for a candidate with experience and skills in the following:
- An interest in the global children’s publishing market
- The ability to use own initiative with strong time-management skills
- A team player who is highly organised and dependable to join our hardworking department
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers and in-house colleagues
- Excellent PC skills and an effective email and telephone manner are essential
- Fluency in one or more languages highly advantageous
- Ideally be able to start in September 2019
What we offer
We offer a salary of £23,000 p/a and benefits package working from our superb London offices overlooking the Thames.
This is an opportunity to join one of the most successful publishing companies working in a dynamic, supportive and friendly team.
Closing date: 12th August 2019
To apply click here
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.