Terms & Conditions:
1 This is a competition to win a ticket to the launch event for Alphabetical by Michael Rosen, at Foyles Charing Cross, 6th November, where the winner’s artwork will be displayed. To enter, please tweet @JohnMurrays a picture of your designed, photographed, drawn alphabet letter and what it means to you, using hashtag #alphabetical.
2. The Winner will be selected from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions based on the following criteria: an alphabet letter (designed, drawn, photographed, etc) is entered by the means described above. The Winner shall be selected by Michael Rosen, whose decision will be final.
3. The Winner may see their entry posted on the John Murray website and possibly other websites and Twitter accounts.
4. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
5. The competition opens at midnight on 1st October and closes at 11:59 pm 25th October. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
6. The competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over in United Kingdom except employees of John Murray, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families. If the winner is under 18 years of age, the Winner will be asked to have his or her guardian complete waivers, consent forms and/or other documentation as prerequisite for being awarded the prize.
7. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
a. By submitting your entry, you agree and warrant that (i) the submission contains the entrant’s own original work; (ii) nothing in the submission is defamatory, private or an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right or in any way a breach of another’s right; (iii) any music used is original to the entrant or there is written permission from the original creator. We reserve the right to ask for the permission before any prize is distributed. Any entry in breach of this clause will be disqualified from participating in the competition and from winning any prize.
b. By entering the competition, you hereby grant to John Murray an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide and for all languages, license to copy, adapt, edit, distribute, publish, sublicense, and in any and all other ways use Your Entry for any purpose, in any manner and in all medium now known or hereinafter devised. Furthermore, you waive all moral rights whatsoever in your entry. For the avoidance of doubt, John Murray is under no obligation to make any use of Your Entry and Company shall make no payment to you for any use of Your Entry.
c. We reserve the right to use all the submissions received on our website, our Facebook pages and on our other social networking sites. We will try to include the name of the entrant but this may not always be possible.
8. Travel to and from the event at the Foyles bookstore in Charing Cross and/or accommodation is NOT included in the competition prize.
9. John Murray is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
10. John Murray reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the competition without notice. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided.
11. The Winner will be published across John Murray social media and Michael Rosen’s website: http://www.michaelrosen.co.uk
12. The email addresses of entrants may be shared with companies within the Hachette group of companies but will not be shared with other companies outside the group. It will be used by the Hachette companies to send you news about our books, products and promotions. You will be given the option of opting out in those emails if you don’t want to receive any further news from us.
13. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. This competition is being organised by John Murray.
15. These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.