Major new and updated edition of the 'coaching bible' that helped define the field of professional coaching.
The definitive edition - updated and expanded, with access to an online toolkit.
'The bible of coaching guides...No other book gives you the tools, skills, and the fundamentals needed to succeed in these delicate relationships.' Stephen R. Covey, Author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Co-Active Coaching offers current and aspiring coaches, leaders and managers in organisations and anyone wanting to strengthen interpersonal relationships, a practical, yet transformative communication process called the Co-Active Model. Since its creation by the authors more than 25 years ago, the Co-Active Model and the book have formed the foundation of the authors' six-part coach training program delivered globally to tens of thousands of individuals each year through the authors' training institute, CTI.
With its origins in the coaching profession, the Co-Active Model also applies to work and interpersonal relationships because it is based on principles of effective communication backed by current scientific research. In this highly-anticipated new edition, the universal applicability of the the Co-Active Model is emphasised. It goes beyond the one-on-one coach/coachee structure to include guidance for leaders and managers on how they can add a coaching competency to their professional skill set.
New to this edition:
· Every chapter has been updated for relevance and direct application to coaching in all of its forms, including in the workplace
· New material covering: current neuroscience research, Co-Active approaches to leadership development and working with groups and teams
· More examples drawn from the authors' first-hand experiences, especially in workplace settings
· More examples of the Co-Active Model applied internationally
· Updated/fine-tuned glossary (less jargon)
· Web-based 'Toolkit' with 27 exercises, questionnaires, checklists, and reproducible forms