A dynamic collection of tools, techniques, and strategies that will help you write the perfect cover letter.
Cover Letters In A Week is a simple and straightforward guide to getting the result you want from your covering letter, giving you everything you really need to know in just seven short chapters. From making an impact, being 'employer friendly' and getting the design right, to beating the competition, unsolicited job applications and registering with recruitment agencies, you'll discover all of the dos and don'ts to successful cover letter writing.
This book introduces you to the main themes and ideas of writing successful cover letters, giving you a basic knowledge and understanding of the key concepts, together with practical and thought-provoking exercises. Whether you choose to read it in a week or in a single sitting, this is your fastest route to success:
- Sunday: Understand the importance of first impressions and the common mistakes people make
- Monday: Ensure your application is taken seriously with a cover letter that is concise, complements your CV and is targeted to the job you have applied for
- Tuesday: Discover how to style and structure your cover letter with advice on forms of address, etiquette, fonts, margins and the importance of 'white space'
- Wednesday: Design your cover letter to engage your audience and overcome the competition for advertised jobs
- Thursday: Design a speculative cover letter to approach the invisible job market
- Friday: Learn how to address cover letters to agencies and recruitment consultants
- Saturday: Learn from your applications, whether successful or not, and develop your writing style for the future
ABOUT THE SERIES
In A Week books are for managers, leaders, and business executives who want to succeed at work. From negotiating and content marketing to finance and social media, the In A Week series covers the business topics that really matter and that will help you make a difference today. Written in straightforward English, each book is structured as a seven-day course so that with just a little work each day, you will quickly master the subject. In a fast-changing world, this series enables readers not just to get up to speed, but to get ahead.