Advanced Negotiation Skills In A Week
Master Negotiating In Just Seven Steps
By Peter Fleming
You are just seven steps away from mastering the art of negotiation
Advanced Negotiation Skills In A Week is a straightforward guide to taking your negotiating to the next level, giving you everything you really need to know in just seven short chapters. It identifies the key steps in the negotiation process, from preparation, partnering and influencing to trading concessions, problem solving and closing.
Perfecting your negotiation skills just got easier
As a more experienced negotiator, how do you improve the results you achieve from the negotiating process? When you think about your most recent negotiating experiences, do you think you could have achieved more? The aim of this book is to help you take your negotiating skills to the next level. 'Win/win' is still your principal aim, even if it seems a hard standard to achieve!
In Advanced Negotiation Skills In A Week you will learn to:
- Strengthen your inner determination and confidence
- Choose a preferred negotiating style
- Bild and fulfil a partnering relationship for the longer term
- Analyse opportunities for influencing opponents' organizations
- Build and lead a focused negotiating team
- Agree the rules of engagement
- Use consulting behaviour to uncover problems and ways of achieving movement in a case
- Analyse and manage conflict
- Avoid embarrassment through failure to close a deal by learning about common mistakes
- Celebrate success and plan your future
The book takes you through a seven day process:
- Sunday: Preparation: a hard taskmaster
- Monday: Negotiating growth through partnering
- Tuesday: Effective influence in negotiation
- Wednesday: Making proposals and trading concessions
- Thursday: Problem-solving through consulting and listening skills
- Friday: What if? - closing skills
- Saturday: Celebrating the successful outcome
Peter Fleming is a Chartered Fellow of both the Chartered Institute of Marketing and also the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development, having been awarded an Oxford Master's in Human Resource Management. With significant retail experience in the UK (marketing and buying) and people development with a UK government agency, he established his own business consultancy group which provides structured learning projects in the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
This is one of several books he has published on negotiation with John Murray Learning, including the predecessor to this title, Negotiation Skills In A Week (2016), and The Negotiation Coach (2015), the latter of which applies proven development techniques resulting from his pioneering research on improving the effectiveness of management learning.
- Other details
- Publication date:
07 Jan 2016
- Page count: