Please note this is a US edition of the NIV Bible, distributed in the UK by Hodder & Stoughton on behalf of Zondervan Publishers.
The NIV Study Bible, featuring Dr. D.A. Carson as general editor, is built on the truth of Scripture and centreed on the gospel message. An ambitious and comprehensive undertaking, Dr. Carson, with committee members Dr. T. Desmond Alexander, Dr. Richard S. Hess, Dr. Douglas J. Moo, and Dr. Andrew David Naselli, along with a team of over 60 contributors from a wide range of evangelical denominations and perspectives, crafted all-new study notes and other study tools to present a biblical theology of God's special revelation in the Scriptures. To further aid the readers' understanding of the Bible, also included are full-colour maps, charts, photos and diagrams. In addition, a single-column setting of the Bible text provides maximum readability.
The accessible and fresh interior design will capture your attention and enhance your study experience.
- Over 60 scholarly contributors
- Over 1.2 million words of new content
- Over 3,000 pages packed with in-depth study tools
- Nearly 20,000 all-new, comprehensive verse-by-verse study notes
- Customized, theologically rich, illustrated book introductions
- 6 section introductions to literary genres ("The Pentateuch," "The Historical Books," etc.)
- Full-color interior with extensive use of over 60 colourful charts, over 90 maps, and hundreds of photos
- Comprehensive library of over 30 articles by award-winning scholars on topics such as "The Bible and Theology," "The Glory of God," "Covenant," "Love and Grace," and more
- Cross-reference system
- Complete text of the New International Version (US English)
- Concordance with over 35,000 Scripture references